Slimy treats for Halloween….so appropriate & creepy. These cupcakes are so easy to whip up.
Kids & adults loved having fun with these colorful cupcakes. Only takes gel icing which you can find…..Wilton’s has a neon green ready gel icing to go. The candy gumball eyes were found at Michaels….perfect alien toppers. Can’t find the gumball eyes, try sticking some spiders on them….edible gummy spiders or worms………..ooowee!
Slimy Cupcake Items & Ingredients
- Baked Cupcakes (Use your favorite chocolate cake recipe)
- Buttercream Icing (Recipe below)
- Lime Green Coloring (Toni used Americolor Gel Paste Food Color, Electric Green – Find on Amazon.com or local store)
- Green Wilton Sparkle Gel (Piping Icing)
- Candy Eyeballs
Step 1: Dye your buttercream green. Toni used her decorators buttercream below.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 TBS clear vanilla extract
- 1 2lb bag of Domino powdered sugar
- 4-8 TBS milk
- Let your butter sit out for awhile to soften. DO NOT put it in the microwave. If you do not have time, cut the butter up in small chunks.
- Beat the butter until soft and creamy in your mixer. If you don’t have a kitchen mixer you can do this with a hand mixer but it’s best to go ahead and left your butter soften.
- Add in shortening, beat again. I like to give mine a few minutes on medium high…beating it a little longer makes it lighter.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add in the powdered sugar about a cup at a time.
- Add in milk 1 TBS at a time until you’ve got your desired consistency.